Effective Date: July 12, 2022
In summary: Our privacy notice tells you what personal data (“PD”) and non-personal data (“NPD”) we may collect from you, how we collect it, how we protect it, how we may share it, how you can access and change it, and how you can limit our sharing of it. Our privacy notice also explains certain legal rights that you have with respect to your personal data. Any capitalized terms not defined herein will have the same meaning as where they are defined elsewhere on our website.
‘Non-personal data’ (NPD) is information that is in no way personally identifiable.
‘Personal data’ (PD) means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that natural person. PD is in many ways the same as Personally Identifiable Information (PII). However, PD is broader in scope and covers more data.
A “visitor” is someone who merely browses our website. A “member” is someone who has registered with us to use or buy our services and products. The term “user” is a collective identifier that refers to either a visitor or a member.
From time to time, We may clarify, revise, or update this Policy. This may include making changes to the way We collect, maintain, and store information. If We make any changes to this Policy, We will revise the date at the top of the Policy. Changes to this Policy will become effective once they are posted. It is your responsibility to review this policy for any updates.
This document governs the privacy notice of our websites, torchitsolutions.com including all sub-domains under those TLD's (Top Level Domains).
1. What Information Torch IT Solutions Collects
Our legal basis for collecting and processing your PD when you buy our products or services is based on and the necessity for the performance of a contract or to take steps to enter into a contract. Our legal basis for collecting and processing your PD when you sign up for our newsletter and information about our products and services through our website opt-in forms is based on consent. We collect different types of information for Our business purposes from the following sources:
Information you provide us. We collect information that you provide to Us through the Services and other communications. We may also collect information from entities you have requested or authorized to provide information to Us in connection with Our Services. For example:
- When Buying Products or Services: If you buy products or services from us, we collect your first and last name, email address, physical address, credit card or other payment information, phone number, and other information listed.
- Collecting Your Location Information: When you use our services, we may collect and process information about your actual physical location. We use several technologies, like GPS and IP tracking, to determine your location. These technologies may also provide us with information about nearby cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other devices.
- Website Chat Software or Contact Forms: Our website contains chat software or contact forms that enable visitors to communicate with us live online or offline by email. In some cases, visitors can communicate with us without becoming a member or buying our products and services. When you use our chat software or contact forms, we may collect some or all the following information: your email address, first name, last name, location, and any other information you willingly choose to provide to us. You should limit the information you provide to us that is only necessary to answer your questions.
Information We collect from third parties. Third parties, may share your information with Us in order for Us to provide Services.
Information We automatically collect. We record certain information and store it in log files when you interact with Our Services. This information may include device information, browser history, internet protocol (IP) address, URLs of referring/exit pages, and search terms. For example:
- Like most websites, Our Services may incorporate technology such as “pixel tags”, “web beacons”, and “cookies” that allow Us and Our service providers to collect information about your actions on Our Services. Our service providers may collect information about your online activities over time and across different online services. Cookies (not to be confused with the sugary morsels) are small files that web servers may place on your computer when you visit a website. When you enter and use our website and agree to accept cookies, some of these cookies may contain your PD.
Generally, you control the amount and type of information that you provide to us when using our website.
What Happens If You Don’t Give Us Your PD. If you do not provide us with enough PD, we may not be able to provide you with all our products and services. However, you can access and use some parts of our website without giving us your PD.
2. How We Use Your Information
We may use the information We collect to operate Our business, including:
- For Our everyday business purposes, such as providing Services and products, providing the information you request, and providing customer support
- To communicate with Affiliates
- To provide, personalize, and improve Our products and Our Services
- To conduct internal research
- To communicate with you, including via telephone, text, chat, or email
- To deliver content and marketing communications that We think may interest you, including ads or offers tailored to you based upon your browsing and usage history, both within these Services and on other websites and mobile applications
- To understand your use of Our Services to help Us improve the customer experience
- To provide you with information, recommendations, and marketing materials about Our products and Services
- If you apply for a job, to determine your eligibility for a position with us
- To comply with the law, regulations, and other legal obligations
- To properly verify your identity, prevent fraud and enhance security
- To audit and provide reporting relating to particular transactions and interactions, including online interactions you may have with Us or others on Our behalf
- To allow you to utilize features and personalized content within Our Services when you grant Us access to information from your device, including location-based services
- For short-term, transient use including contextual customization of ads
- To protect Our rights and the rights of others
- For other purposes, as permitted by law or to which you consent
- Identifying the areas of our website that you have visited
- Our website analytics
- Remembering your preferences, settings, and login details
- Allowing you to post comments
- Allowing you to share content with social networks
- Personalize and customize our content
- Resolve problems and disputes
Web Beacons: We may also use a technology called web beacons to collect general information about your use of our website and your use of special promotions or newsletters. The information we collect by web beacons allows us to statistically monitor the number of people who open our emails. Web beacons also help us to understand the behavior of our customers, members, and visitors.
3. How Long We Keep Your Information
4. How We Share Your Information
We do not sell or rent your PD to third parties for marketing purposes. If We share your information, We do so to support Our business.
Affiliates and Service Providers. We’ve figured out ways to do a lot of things on Our own, but We haven’t quite figured out how to do all of it. We may share information with Our corporate entities and affiliates, service providers, payment processors, and others who perform services for Us, such as but not limited to:
- payment processing
- account registration
- maintenance services
- marketing services
- data analytics
- call centers
- help desk providers
- law firms
- email service providers
- shipping companies
Other Entities. We may share information as part of a merger, acquisition, or other sale or transfer of all or part of Our assets or business or with other entities as you have authorized or requested.
The third parties that receive your information are required to treat your Personal Information in accordance with appropriate contractual and legal privacy and security requirements and laws to ensure they provide adequate protection over your information. For example, where applicable, Torch IT Solutions has contractual agreements in place, such as with its service providers, to ensure that they provide the same or equal protection of your information as stated here.
Communications and Emails When we communicate with you about our website, we will use the email address you provided when you registered as a member or user. We may also send you emails with promotional information about our website or offers from us or our affiliates unless you have opted out of receiving such information.
5. Your Choices
Access and Correction of Personal Information Through your account settings, you can access, view, and edit any of the following personal information:
- mailing address
- billing address
- email address
- phone number
The information you can view and edit may change as Our Services change.
We may retain certain of your personal information, like order history and service notes in our systems for certain legal, security, and business records. You can update your PD using services found on our website. If no such services exist, you can contact us using the contact information found at the top of this privacy notice and we will help you. However, we may keep your PD as needed to enforce our agreements and to comply with any legal obligations.
Opt-Out Options: If you decide you don’t want to receive marketing emails from us, you can opt out of marketing emails in your account settings, click the “Unsubscribe” link in Our emails, or email Us at . Opting out or unsubscribing will not prevent you from receiving emails about orders or other transactions you make through Our Services or emails in response to a specific request from you, such as password recovery. If you decide you don’t want to receive text messages from us, you can opt-out in your account settings. If you wish to limit the information available to Us through your Third Party Accounts, such as Google or social media, you should visit the privacy settings of your Third Party Accounts to learn about your options.
You can learn about how to opt-out of receiving personalized website advertisements from Our advertising partners who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or who subscribe to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt-out sections on the websites of each of those organizations. Links to those sites are below. Note that because your election to opt out is managed through cookies, if you delete these cookies or use a different browser, you will have to make the same selection again.
If you want Us not to collect cookies, you may be able to set your web browser to reject cookies entirely or require that it request permission from you before accepting each new cookie. You can also delete cookies from your web browser once you leave a website.
If you do not want Google Analytics to collect and use information about your use of Our Services, then you can install an opt-out in your web browser. You also may opt out from Google Analytics for Display Advertising or the Google Display Network by using Google’s Ads Settings located at https://www.google.com/settings/ads.
If you choose to limit the collection of your information in these ways, certain Service features may not function properly, or at all, and certain Services may not be available to you.
Users under the age of 18 The Site is a general audience site available to users who can form legally binding agreements under applicable law and is not intended for use by anyone under the age of 18, especially those under the age of 13. Only individuals who are at least 18 years old and can form legally binding contracts may use the Services. If at any time you believe a minor has given information you can email and we will remedy it.
We take the protection of your information very seriously. We take many security measures (physical, electronic, and procedural) to help keep your information safe. Unfortunately, We cannot guarantee the complete security of any information.